Friday, July 20, 2012

Devils Tower. aka Bear Lodge

Made it to Devils Tower. Not much signal there so I had to leave before I could send everyone an update.

It's quite a sight. If you get a chance to visit I would highly recommend it. Wish we had another day to burn here. There are a number of hiking trails around the monument which look like a great way to see it up close. We did take a hike this morning around the paved trail which is nearest the mountain. Up close and personal. It's a lot of fun watching the climbers maneuver around on those columns. I don't have much desire to do it myself but I sure admire the talent and ability required to do it. There were even a bunch if them coming down last night while we attended the ranger talk at the campground.

Now we have moved on to Deadwood. Spending the night at a fancy RV resort with power and a pool. Oh, and a laundry ;). Getting cleaned up and a fresh batch of cloths before hitting a number of National Forest camp sights in the Black Hills.

It's been dang HOT! Several days over 100F. Really tough on some of us. It's a bit cooler here about 5 miles outside of Deadwood. Currently 88F with thunder in the distance.

Well, I've got to put some quarters in the dryer. Don't get too concerned if I don't check in for a few days. Might not have many opportunities to post much. The "Where are they now" link on the right side of the page will hopefully give you an idea where we are. (yay amateur radio :)

Take care.

No comments: