Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 6

6/29/2007

Rained all night at camp.

Little problem at breakfast this morning. I had started a batch of steel cut oats last night. All I had to do was heat them up, add some brown sugar and raisins and have at it.

Only problem was, I could not find the raisins. Of all the things that I don't know the location of, the raisins I knew. I just used them a couple of days ago.

Finally removed a plumbing access panel and found them. Down stream from the cubby hole that I had stashed them. Guess they took a little trip during one of our "Zero G" turns yesterday....

We departed Rancheria at are usual departure time of around 8:30. Up past Teslin lake then fueled up in White Horse. After a roadside stop for lunch at a rest stop, be blasted through Haines Junction up to Kluane Lake. This is about the prettiest lake we have see so far. It's got that blue green color found in some glacier fed lakes. They are working the road over pretty hard around the Southern sections of the lake. This is one of the last sections of original Alaska Highway roadbed from 60 years ago. There is a lot of rock to shoot to perform the realignment. Patrick and I wanted to find a place to stop and watch the work for a while, but it was a good thing we didn't. When we got to Destruction Bay, we checked on the camping situation. They were almost full and they said that some of the campgrounds further up the road were closed. So, we camped. First place I've had an internet connection in 3 days. It's nice to catch up and even post some pictures. Not many, it's a slow connection ;+)

Today's mileage 360


Our camping spot at Destruction Bay. Patrick and Sondra leave for a walk/bike on the left. John & Lelah sitting in the sun on the right.








Kluane Lake.

No comments: